Wednesday, June 11, 2008

IT’S ALL DOWNHILL FROM HERE

by Stan C. Countz

As I peer in this dirty mirror
It doesn’t seem like thirty years
But it seems to be perty clear
It’s all downhill from here

The first few laps and years
were full of laughs and tears
And then the path was clear
I thought it would be
all downhill from here

But the path got steeper
And my love for her got deeper
And I knew in my heart
She was a keeper

I’m not the easiest guy to live with
Heaven knows I tried her patience
I made her cry more than once
But I wouldn’t trade her for a million bucks

I was there on the fringes
through all the tinges of her hair
And through the baby bottles
Rattles and teddy bears

I’ve been there through raisin’ teens
Through attitudes and makin’ scenes
I want her to know, I’m on her team
She should be in a magazine
She makes me feel like a king
She’s my beauty queen

I’ll be on her team all the way
As long as I have her, I’ll be OK
I’ll be her man until my dyin’ day
Or at least until I’m old and gray

As I peer in this dirty mirror
It doesn’t seem like thirty years
But it seems to be perty clear
It’s all downhill from here

We made it through the rain
Through the tears and the pain
I hope the years that remain
Are worth the stress and strain

It’s time to face my forgotten fears
To dry my eyes and wipe away my tears
It seems to be perty clear
We’ve made it thirty years
I guess it’s all downhill from here

I hope we can learn to listen
To the beat of each other’s drum
I hope we won’t be missin’ out
‘Cuz we’ve only just begun
We’ve only just begun… (2x)

No comments: