Monday, January 21, 2008

LAST CHANCE DANCE

Lyrics by Stan C. Countz

Lookin’ back it's so clear but back then I couldn't hear it
I was new and I knew it; I was green and I blew it
but I kept reachin’ for the moon and tryin’ to do it
I ain’t lyin’ but it just wasn’t flyin’but I kept on tryin’ 'til I finally got it
At first they fought it, then they sought it; then they finally bought it

You gave me a helpin’ hand and I bit it; I hate to admit it
but I just couldn’t quit it; but when I did finally get it
By then you’d had it and you were gone; what went wrong?
On my way to the top, guess I just plum forgot why I did it

I kept on tryin’ and I got my shot; I ain’t lyin’, it means a lot
You’re tryin’ to connect the dots; I wanna give it all I got
And take one last shot and see if you’ll take one last chance
And dance one last dance with me; It costs nothin’ to dream
I’m runnin’ outta steam; I know it’s not as easy as it seems
So stretch your wings and fly and don't let your dreams ever die
So I'm givin it all I got and takin' one last shot to see
If you'll take one last chance and dance one last dance with me

No comments: